INTERIM Vice President for Facilities Management
The College of New Jersey located in Ewing, New Jersey, seeks applications for the position of Interim Vice President for Facilities Management (IVPFM) for a period of 7 – 12 months. Reporting to the President, the IVPFM provides strategic leadership serving as the institution’s chief facilities management officer and a member of the Cabinet. In addition, this position serves as President of the Trenton State College Corporation, a group responsible for property and land acquisition.
Our ideal candidate possesses leadership experience over the following areas:
Campus Construction, Planning, Co-Generation Plant, and Facilities, including Building Services. Additionally, we seek candidates with:
ü Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance responsibilities and remain responsive to internal campus needs.
ü Knowledge of local and state construction and purchasing codes and requirements, EPA regulations and labor laws.
ü Extensive experience with construction contract development, negotiation, and review skills.
ü Proven administrative and supervisory skills, working with a large staffs in a unionized environment.
ü Experience and skilled in written and oral communication.
We offer an extremely competitive compensation with housing. Founded in 1855, The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) is a highly selective comprehensive residential institution that emphasizes the undergraduate residential experience and offers targeted graduate programs.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to: Dr. Gregory Pogue, Vice President of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Rutgers/Operations Area Manager Supervisor
Rider University/General Mechanic
Rider University invites applications for a General Mechanic position at its Princeton location. Individual must have strong skills in carpentry and painting, as well as basic skills in the areas of electric, plumbing, and general repairs. Individual will prioritize work orders and be available to help with a two-person job.
Qualified candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical and general repairs; be capable of working on ladders and in cramped conditions; be capable of working with or without supervision; have the ability to relate to and work with faculty, staff and students; have physical stamina to meet the demands of the job; andassist in snow removal at times. Individual must also be available for emergency overtime as needed and have a valid driver’s license. The work schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM.
Rider University is in the process of identifying another entity to own and operate Westminster Choir College. Upon this transition, employment with Rider will terminate, and the continuance of the position will be at the discretion of that entity.
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has once again been included as one of the nation’s best universities by Additionally, named Rider among its “Best 382 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
To apply for position no. 400134, please visit RiderHires at http://rider.peopleadmin.com/postings/5043
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicap/disability, Vietnam-era/disabled veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other non-job related criteria.
Kean University Job Openings
Under the direction of the Vice President for Planning, the Campus Architect (Managing Assistant Director II) is responsible for the planning and design of Kean University’s building exteriors, interior spaces and grounds at its multiple campus locations, including new construction projects, additions and renovations. The Campus Architect develops and implements guidelines, standards, policies and procedures and employs management systems to ensure that all projects are designed and managed in accordance with established codes and federal and state regulations.
Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree; two years of professional experience in project management including planning, building design and construction; valid license as a Registered Architect in the State of New Jersey; driver’s license valid in the State of New Jersey; and working knowledge of federal and state regulations, building codes, construction practices, inspection requirements and safety regulations is required. Experience in the design of large and small capital projects in higher education is preferred. Work requires physical activity, including the ability to walk long distances both indoors and outside; standing for long periods; the ability to climb stairs, bend and stoop; lifting, pushing or pulling of objects; and driving.
Please send cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to: Search Committee Chairperson, Office of the Vice President for Planning, Kean University, 1000 Morris Avenue, Union, NJ 07083 or email . Candidacy review begins immediately and continues until appointment is made. Official transcripts for all degrees and three current letters of recommendation are required prior to the starting date of employment.
Operating Engineer 1
Under the supervision of the Engineer-in Charge, Chief Operating Engineer and/or Facilities Management, the Operating Engineer I is responsible for the maintenance and operation of various steam plant systems throughout the University campus, including high pressure steam boilers, low pressure steam boilers and related auxiliary equipment; and performs additional duties as required. Operating Engineers may be exposed to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. Essential job functions include the ability to walk long distances both indoors and outside; standing for long periods; the ability to climb stairs, bend and stoop; lifting, pushing or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds; and driving.
Two (2) years of experience in work involving the operation and repair of heating plants and auxiliary equipment; possession of a Steam Engineer’s License, Third Class (Blue Seal) issued by the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development; and a driver’s license valid in New Jersey is required. Experience in a university/school or hospital setting and strong electrical and plumbing skills preferred.
This is a provisional appointment. The selected candidate must successfully complete an exam administered by the State of New Jersey Civil Service Commission in order to be eligible for a regular appointment.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Office of Human Resources, Recruitment Unit, Kean University, 1000 Morris Avenue, Union, NJ 07083 or email . . Candidacy review begins immediately and continues until appointment is made. Official transcripts for all degrees are required prior to appointment.
Princeton University Job Openings
Stockton University – Associate Director of Facilities Management & Plant Operations
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Associate Director of Facilities Management & Plant Operations
• Directly report to the Director of Facilities Management & Plant Operations.
• Assist the management, supervision and maintenance of the University’s Physical Plant, capital equipment and grounds, including management of ongoing and Deferred Maintenance Programs, Custodial Services, Central Stores functions, renovations and Capital Renewal and Replacement Projects.
• Participation in the planning and operational programming of Capital Projects.
• Maintenance and Physical Plant operational responsibility of all Stockton-owned operated and occupied facilities and and off the main academic campus.
• Knowledge of electrical and mechanical processes, utility analysis and sustainability initiatives.
• Knowledge of skilled trades with ability to write technical and administrative proposals.
• Experience managing in an environment of labor agreements and trade unions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and understanding of applicable government regulations.
• Ensure compliance and operation of the University’s building, infrastructure and grounds.
• Must have demonstrated management capability.
• Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
• Bachelor’s degree in the fields of either engineering, architecture and/or relevant operations management-type programs
• 3 to 6 years of progressive responsibility for Plant Management.
• Experience in Higher Education environment.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com/ Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word or PDF.
1.) A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
2.) A current resume or curriculum vitae
3.) A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
• All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
• Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
• In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
• Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
• Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.
Montclair State University – Housekeeper/Custodial Services (Multiple)
Do you have job opportunities at your institution? NJAPPA members can request job opportunities be posted to the NJAPPA website. Please contact:
NJAPPA Director of Technology & Communication