Reporting directly to the Director of Facilities Planning & Construction, the successful candidate will be responsible for project management of multiple capital and differed maintenance projects, including the oversight associated with budgeting, design and construction of mechanical infrastructure and sustainability projects on each of Stockton’s campuses.
- Evaluate and provide engineering direction to maintain existing equipment including the preparation of operating and maintenance
- Serve as subject matter expert on HVAC
- Sufficiently strong knowledge of HVAC systems to develop, present and defend HVAC designs during peer, preliminary and final design
- Prepare contract documents (Statements of Work) for HVAC related projects.
- Prepare design and construction cost estimates based upon industry
- Manage projects, have experience dealing with customers and eliciting project requirements, working with subcontractors, resolving conflicts, and obtaining consensus among
- Possess knowledge of construction standards, ASHRAE standards, and typical construction techniques.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of building mechanical systems, building envelope design and HVAC equipment
- Develop a comprehensive energy management program for all of the University campuses by monitoring energy use and analyzing the energy performance of each building via energy audits, determining whether electrical and mechanical systems are operating efficiently, and developing corrective action
- Manage the procurement of electric and natural gas utilities for all campuses. Coordinate with the Purchasing Department for bidding, negotiating and selection of energy supply contracts.
- Develops an energy budget by preparing utility projections based on historical data and energy models, develops budgets and manages energy project work, compiles, organizes, and manages energy reports, and develops an energy accounting system reflecting appropriate rate
- Develops, maintains, and enforces energy standards for both existing and new buildings and mechanical/electrical-related equipment by reviewing and optimizing building control systems and energy contractor performance, analyzing mechanical systems and reviewing construction documents, developing and executing commissioning assignments, as needed, and developing training and/or improvement plans to ensure the best operation in the area ofHVAC and energy equipment
- Required, on occasion, to work outside of and in addition to the normal work schedule which includes weekends, evenings and
- Contributes to the overall success of the Division of Facilities & Operations by performing all other essential duties as
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or a related field with an emphasis on facilities
- Five years of experience working with HVAC and Utility