Job Title: Associate Director of Facilities Engineering & Planning (MEP)
Company Name: Ocean County College
Location: Toms River, New Jersey, United States, 08754
This position primarily assists the head of Facilities in the management, supervision, and execution of mechanical and electrical project planning, design and construction that supports the College’s Facilities operations. This position supervises large contracts (in excess of $30 million and growing) with outside architect and/or engineer firms, which involves the awarding, administration and inspection of capital outlay, major repair and renovations. This position ensures all assigned contracted projects are completed safely, on time, within budget and meet all related codes and regulations by monitoring the progress of ongoing projects; resolving any related scheduling problems; engaging in change order negotiations, claims and financial settlements and close outs of all contracted work. This position also provides support with general administration functions, engineering design and planning, department wide engineering and technical support and oversight of the technical library and drawing files within the department.
- Provides engineering and design leadership and management, particularly in the mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) disciplines for the Facilities department.
- Develops engineering designs for in-house or contract execution, with a focus on proposals and engineering drawings for mechanical systems in the areas of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, and fire protection systems.
- Carries out architect and engineer contracts, including scope development, negotiation, administration, review, acceptance, advertising, and contract award; reviews working drawings and specifications for code compliance with project criteria.
- Supervises contract construction efforts in the development of in-house cost estimates, sketches, drawings, and specifications sufficient to provide direction to either contract work forces or in house forces for the execution of various facility projects throughout the College.
- Ensures all assigned contracted projects are completed safely, on time, within budget and meet all related codes and regulations by monitoring the progress of ongoing projects; resolving any related scheduling or project problems; engaging in change order negotiations, claims and financial settlements and close outs of all contracted work.
- Provides long range planning services for the general development of the College with particular emphasis on mechanical and electrical systems with assigned oversight of the Combined Heat and Power (CHP) production of electricity and the utilization of “waste” heat for campus heating and cooling requirements.
- Manages the fire detection, energy system programs, and the technical library and drawing archive for the Facilities department.
- Serves as the technical liaison for the department with other departments and organizational entities of the College.
- Develops a preventive maintenance program, engineering standards, cost estimates and cost alternatives for proposed investments; stays current on all safety policies, building codes and Federal and state regulations.
- Other duties, as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree and a current professional engineering license OR Master’s Degree
2. Minimum of two years of experience with utility, billing, and site management involving the oversight of a college campus or similar high use multi-building facility.
3. At least two years of experience within a public sector environment subject to public bidding laws and associated regulations.
4. Ten or more years of experience in facilities or construction management that include the simultaneous management of multiple projects and contractors and competing priorities.
5. Minimum of ten years’ experience in a facilities or construction leadership role that required the establishment of internal and external work relationships, development of procedures and polices including safety requirements, and the use of mediation techniques to resolve situations that involve multiple internal and external parties.
6. At least five years of recent (within the last year) compliance experience that required the securing of building permits that meet building code requirements and fire and safety codes and also required the preparation of RFPs, budget/financial/project progress reports.
7. One year or more experience using Microsoft Office Suite, CAD or Revit, Microsoft Project (or similar scheduling software).
Apply Here: http://career.ocean.edu/postings/4111